Friday, August 1, 2008

Detroit cont.

Day 3
Was a lot like day 2, VBS in the afternoon. The kids were really wild and it was frustrating, but they just wanted to be loved. At dinner my group had panned something special.
At Military all the small groups are in charge of making the meals for the group as a whole. My small group, the jokers, were not assigned a real sit-down meal. So we decided to do something at a different groups meal. In light of our Joker theme we painted our faces in honer of the joker and hid one of the staff members and made them find him before they could eat dinner. It was really funny!

Day 4
Again was like day 3.
Here are some pics







Day 5
Our last day was really sad. I had really gotten to know the kids i had been working with, so they decided to reword us staff members by being uncontrollable!!
But it was all worth it in the end. That night we said good bye to our seniors and everyone cried, I'm really going to miss them. i cant remember Tuning Point with out them being there.
Everyone stopped crying at 10:15 and we got on the buses and headed home.
I Love Sleeping In A Real Bed!!!!! But i was sad when I woke up at 11:18 and realized that i didn't have to do VBS.....sigh.....oh well I'm really looking foreword to next year!




5 comments:

Kathryn said...

This is what I've heard about Detroit:

There was a lot of crying when the seniors left
Adam and Rob did sword fighting
There were lots of problem children
You slept in a big gym and woke up to music
Abby made a mad dash for the bathroom every morning to get her shower in
There was worship led by Adam and Rob every night
You had a long devotional every morning
Lots of kids spoke spanish

Maria said...

I totally agree with all of that!

AbbyJP said...

I think my legs made it into the top picture... kinda awkward!!

AbbyJP said...

Actually I know they are!! I'm on the far right, either Ryan, Brandon or Alex is on the far left and Morgan's in the middle.

Kathryn said...

I'm glad we are in complete and unshaken agreement