Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm back!!!!!!




Detroit was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
I had so much fun. It was exhausting but well worth it.

Day 1

We left Knox at like 9:45 in two big buses, and drove to Detroit, arriving just in time for Church. After church we had lunch and the pastor of the Military ave. church talked to us about urban ministry. We then piled back into the buses and went to Hart plaza where we went in the fountain and hung out for a while. at 4:00 we went back to the church. We were assigned to sleep on the floor of their gym. Free time was followed by dinner fallowed by worship. Then we went to bed.
Now in Turning Point (thats my youth group) there is a tradition called Honky Tonking.
That is when all the guy upper class men pig pile on the male freshmen and other random people. So at night its pitch black, and all you hear is yelling and screaming. It's pretty funny.

Day 2

We woke up bright and early at 6:45 and went to breakfast. After which we had quiet time for an hour and then small group time. My small group was called the Jokers. Lunch was at 11:00 and the Kids started arriving for VBS at 11:15. It was a lot of fun playing with the kids, who were very needy for love. Most of the kids were from really poor families and lived hard lives. I worked with the five year olds, who were just wild. A few of the kids didn't speak English at all and they were the worst. Anyway That lasted until 3:00 then we did work projects around the church until 6:30. I replaced ceiling tiles in the sanctuary. Then went to dinner, ate dinner, went back to the gym , had free time, worshiped, more free time, then went to bed.

I have to go now I'll write more later.

3 comments:

MarissaK said...

Hey!! I'm glad u had fun :) Can u believe we are already going to be back in school in a few short weeks???

Maria said...

Don't even say that.

MarissaK said...

I'm sorry deary, I can't even believe it myself :)